The house, which retains most of its Victorian features, was built in 1890 for the Duke of Buccleuch’s Liddesdale Factor or Estate Manager. It sits in extensive level gardens with a patio area, pergola, gazebo and conservatory for guests to enjoy.
The village centre is a level 350 metres away, where all the local amenities are situated. To the rear of the house is the track bed of the Waverley Line which connected Carlisle with Edinburgh, having been closed in 1969. To the West of this is deciduous woodland and open fell.
The River Liddel is approximately 250 metres East, which then borders the Newcastleton forest.
Woodside has recently been extensively refurbished to provide high quality accommodation.
Tel: 013873 75431